Pages

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

What it takes....

Recently, my husband and I posted progress pics on Facebook. Many people have wondered what we have been doing this year to have lost weight and get our health on track. There are 5 simple steps that we follow.

1) We eat and we eat A LOT! My husband's plan calls for 3400+ calories and mine is 2500+ calories per day. We try to eat as clean as possible but we are still working on this aspect of her journey. Meal planning and prepping ahead of time is key to keeping our food on track.

2) We lift weights 5-6 times each week. This is key for you ladies! Most women don't want to lift because they are afraid of bulking up. NEWSFLASH! You can't bulk up by lifting weights without adding other supplements just for that reason. The fact is that you will burn more calories at rest if you have muscles. Skinny does not equal low body fat! Building muscle is the only way to drop body fat and this leads to #3.

3) We hid our scale. Yep, I have no idea where the scale is at this moment so I don't know how much I weigh. I use measurements, my clothes, and my body fat percentage to gauge my progress.

4) We focus on high we feel. We don't really get bogged down in numbers. Just because the results are not always evident, we keep fighting. We LOVE to work out and it makes us feel fantastic so we keep at it.

5) We do it together!!! I am a member of several groups where women always try to figure out how to cook 2 separate meals because their husband doesn't want to eat healthy OR their husband doesn't support their program. This is frustrating and disheartening. Because we are on the same journey, it makes meal prepping and planning a lot easier in our house. Besides, the support of your loved one is beyond compare. I am not saying individuals cannot find success; however, having the same goals make for a happier relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment