Pages

Thursday, February 13, 2014

A Little Update

It has been a long time since I blogged so I am checking in! The most important thing when trying to start living a healthy lifestyle is to understand that it is a lifestyle change. Many people begin the journey with the sole purpose of losing weight; however, losing weight should be the end result, not the reason for the journey. Like most people, I stress over the number on the scale! If the scale isn't going in the right direction, I get frustrated and am ready to throw in the towel. Because of this, I continuously fall off the wagon and never am able to drop the pounds.

One of the hardest things for me has been trying to eat clean! I have always been a stress eater and for the past few years, I have had my share of stress-related events! I have been logging my food for the past few weeks and notice that some days I am eating within my calorie range and other days I am not. What can I say, I LOVE food. However, I must say that I am eating alright and have been altering my favorite foods to make them a little healthier.

This time around, I feel more determined than ever. I am not stressing over the scale and I am not giving up. So far, I have done most of what I feel needs to be done to get down to a healthy weight. My clothes are fitting and some inches are dropping so I figure I am going in the right direction. I have been working out about 4-5 times each week! I haven't worked out to my full potential yet but I just got a new pair of sneakers so my feet don't hurt when I push myself (yeah...another excuse).

So, what's holding you back? What's impeding your progress?


No comments:

Post a Comment