Pages

Saturday, February 15, 2014

I Don't Want to Lose Weight

I came to the realization today that I don't want to lose weight. You may be thinking "Wait a minute...isn't this a weight loss blog?!" The answer is yes and no! I have been on several diets in the past. I have had some success and some failures. When I think about my most successful journey, my focus was on improving my life and not dropping the pounds. This time is no different! I have embarked upon this journey as a necessity to improvement of life! My mom would have been 50 this year if she hadn't passed away in 2009. She was 45 at her untimely death and her mother, my grandmother was also 45! The odds are not in my favor! If I want to have a long, prosperous life, I need to  make a change. While I may be fit for my weight, I am still in the danger zone and I am not satisfied with what I see on the outside. For this, I don't want to lose weight. I want to get healthy. I want to gain confidence. I want to be happy. And with that, my journey will continue...

No comments:

Post a Comment